Trying to get Foreman working with Puppet 3

Hi Bret,

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been trying to reproduce this this
afternoon but haven't succeeded.

> I've cleared a number of hurdles along the way, but this one has me
> stumped. Any ideas of where I should look next?

Could you provide your settings.yaml?

> /home/bretw/src/foreman/vendor/ruby/1.8/gems/puppet-3.0.1/lib/puppet/util/command_line/puppet_option_parser.rb:78:in
> parse' > /home/bretw/src/foreman/vendor/ruby/1.8/gems/puppet-3.0.1/lib/puppet/settings.rb:183:in >parse_global_options'
> /home/bretw/src/foreman/vendor/ruby/1.8/gems/puppet-3.0.1/lib/puppet/settings.rb:146:in
> initialize_global_settings' > /home/bretw/src/foreman/lib/foreman/default_settings/loader.rb:27:inload'

And can you confirm the git revision you're on? If you can also paste
line 27 of loader.rb that'd be useful.

Regards,

··· On 29/11/12 13:45, Bret Wortman wrote:

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Greg managed to reproduce this and has found it's due to the
:puppetconfigdir setting being missing from the current settings.yaml.

I'd suggest adding the following line:
:puppetconfdir: /etc/puppet/puppet.conf

I'm tracking this is part of #1994, since the integration's still not
quite right.

··· On 03/12/12 17:24, Dominic Cleal wrote: > Hi Bret, > > Sorry for the delayed response. I've been trying to reproduce this this > afternoon but haven't succeeded. > > On 29/11/12 13:45, Bret Wortman wrote: >> I've cleared a number of hurdles along the way, but this one has me >> stumped. Any ideas of where I should look next? > > Could you provide your settings.yaml?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

>
> > Hi Bret,
> >
> > Sorry for the delayed response. I've been trying to reproduce this this
> > afternoon but haven't succeeded.
> >
> >> I've cleared a number of hurdles along the way, but this one has me
> >> stumped. Any ideas of where I should look next?
> >
> > Could you provide your settings.yaml?
>
> Greg managed to reproduce this and has found it's due to the
> :puppetconfigdir setting being missing from the current settings.yaml.
>
> I'd suggest adding the following line:
> :puppetconfdir: /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
>
> I'm tracking this is part of #1994, since the integration's still not
> quite right.
>
>
Sorry, I was relying on gmail to let me know when there was a response to
this and never got the message. Sorry about that!

Do you still want or need to see my settings?

··· On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:13:45 AM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > On 03/12/12 17:24, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 29/11/12 13:45, Bret Wortman wrote:

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain we managed to reproduce and fix it.
Please give the new 1.1RC1 a try and let us know if you run into any
further issues.

Cheers,

··· On 11/12/12 16:11, Bret Wortman wrote: > On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:13:45 AM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 03/12/12 17:24, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > Hi Bret, > > > > Sorry for the delayed response. I've been trying to reproduce > this this > > afternoon but haven't succeeded. > > > > On 29/11/12 13:45, Bret Wortman wrote: > >> I've cleared a number of hurdles along the way, but this one has me > >> stumped. Any ideas of where I should look next? > > > > Could you provide your settings.yaml? > > Greg managed to reproduce this and has found it's due to the > :puppetconfigdir setting being missing from the current settings.yaml. > > I'd suggest adding the following line: > :puppetconfdir: /etc/puppet/puppet.conf > > I'm tracking this is part of #1994, since the integration's still not > quite right. > > > Sorry, I was relying on gmail to let me know when there was a response > to this and never got the message. Sorry about that! > > Do you still want or need to see my settings?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering