Ubuntu 20.04 preseed network

Problem:
Preseeding an Ubuntu 20.04 system using foreman provided templates results in a system with no manageable network interface on first boot.
Expected outcome:
A freshly built Ubuntu 20.04 should boot with an available network interface.
Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman v2.0.1
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
N/A
Distribution and version:
Centos 7.8.2003
Other relevant data:
I stumbled upon this pull request that is related to the issue: https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/pull/545.
Ubuntu 20.04 desktop by default attempts to use NetworkManager to manage all wired interfaces, but the preseed_networking_setup.erb template configures the /etc/network/interfaces file. This causes a conflict with NetworkManager and results in a situation where NetworkManager can’t manage the interface AND ifupdown isn’t installed so the /etc/network/interfaces file doesn’t have any affect on the system.

It is probably a bug, feel free to update our templates. This used to work, chances are that 20.04 is too new. Our user base tend to manage more servers than desktops, thus LTS versions or Debian systems (and Red Hats).

@lzap Is Ubuntu 20 “already” supported? I am wondering if my templates (Foreman 2.0) are sufficient or if I have to update those.