Unable to complete install with plugin options vs answer file

My installation process currently involves modifying the katello-answers.yaml file and then running foreman-installer --scenario katello. The recommended installation procedure is to pass options to the installer rather than modify the answers file. I was unable to successfully make this transition.

Expected outcome:
Based on what has been suggested in the support forum, over the past week, I thought I should be able to avoid using a modified answer file and instead just pass options to the installer.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Completely fresh install of Foreman 1.20.1 and Katello 3.10 on a single host.

Other relevant data:
Diff showing a working script using the modified answer file vs an attempt at passing options to the installer.

Because we have been talking about documentation lately, I think it would be helpful for you to know how I went about attempting to make this transition.

First, I chose a couple plugins from my answer file and looked up their corresponding options. The format seemed to be --enable-foreman-plugin-<plugin name>. So, rather than lookup every single option, I just proceeded to populate my list of options based on this format. When I got to the foreman-proxy plugins, I logically updated the format to be --enable-foreman-proxy-plugin-<plugin name>. Unfortunately, when I attempted to run the installer, it complained that several of the options didn’t exist. I went back to the docs to see where I had gone wrong and was disappointed to find two things:

  1. Some of the options I was using in the answer file, did not appear to be in the list of supported command line options
  2. The format of options varies and thus requires that each option be looked up from the documentation in order to ensure that the particular formatting permutation is correct. As an aside, I have experienced similar issues with inconsistent naming when parsing JSON emitted by Hammer (specifically ID vs Id).

I apologize that I do not have logs to share from this run of the installer. I scrapped that build and re-ran my original install script. Thus I can’t supply the all important specific log messages. Sorry.