Unable to install / update any package from the RHEL 7 Server repository Expected outcome:
Package installs / updates from content view Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 2.3.3 Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello 3.18.2 Distribution and version:
CentOS 7.9 Other relevant data:
All other repositories are working just from CentOS 7,8 and other RHEL 7,8 so it is just the main RHEL 7 Server repo. This is happening on both of the configured organizations. I have re-created all the RHEL 7 repositories and content views from scratch multiple times, but still receive the same error message below.
[root@host ~]# yum -y update sos
Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, langpacks, package_upload, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-
ORG_Foreman_Foreman_Client_Latest_el7_x86_64 | 2.3 kB 00:00:00
ORG_Zabbix_Zabbix_5_0_el7_x86_64 | 2.0 kB 00:00:00
rhel-7-server-rpms | 2.6 kB 00:00:00
→ Running transaction check
—> Package sos.noarch 0:3.9-4.el7_9 will be updated
—> Package sos.noarch 0:3.9-5.el7_9.4 will be an update
→ Finished Dependency Resolution
Package Arch Version Repository Size
sos noarch 3.9-5.el7_9.4 rhel-7-server-rpms 541 k
If above article doesn’t help to resolve this issue please open a ticket with Red Hat Support.
Error downloading packages:
sos-3.9-5.el7_9.4.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Each server has it’s release set to 7Server and this has been working since Jan/Feb when I first built and started using this Katello environment. The metadata seems to be found, but the failure is when the package is attempted to be downloaded for installation.
Thanks for any advice / assistance you can provide.
The Red Hat repositories are all using the default ‘on demand’ policy for downloading content. I have also attempted to ‘immediate’, but the download will never finish successfully. I either get a ‘server disconnected’ or SSL error message during the sync process.
I have tried both of your suggestions, but the issue has continued. I am able to install / update packages from repositories like RHEL 7 Extras, but just not the main Server 7 repo. I am also able to install / update packages from all three enabled RHEL 8 repos (AppStream, BaseOS, Supplementary, etc) just fine. It seems it is just the one RHEL 7 Server repository.
I have tried that as well which all checks out as ‘green’. My guess is there is an issue pulp3 which is causing this, but that is just a guess. I have had a lot of issues with pulp3 so far since building new on 3.18 using pulp3. I get a lot of 501 gateway errors which I believe is that pulp is too busy to respond, but that can be with only one system trying to pull packages and when having several hundred systems pulling at once seems to work well most of the time. Not sure where to go from here.
Are the fixes for the gateway errors applicable to Katello 3.18? All of the Red Hat repos are configured for on demand currently. I have tried to switch them to immediate; however, I cannot seem to get a completed sync with that download policy. It will either error out with a server disconnected or some SSL message.
@ehelms perhaps I’m not completely removing all details about the repo I’m having trouble with. Could you share the correct way to removing a Red Hat repo like it never was there so I could start over from scratch to see if that helps?
What I have been doing is deleting all content views that use the repo then remove it from Content > Red Hat Repositories lastly run foreman-rake katello:delete_orphaned_content RAILS_ENV=production >/dev/null 2>&1.
Hi @katello folks. I don’t mean to be pushy, but curious if you had thoughts around what I have been experiencing. I have completely removed all RHEL 7 repositories from Katello and started them over several times with the same issue as the outcome. I’m all out of ideas and stuck with no ability to deploy RPMs to RHEL 7 systems via Katello at this time.
@Justin_Sherrill thanks for the response and suggestions. I haven’t tried the download_concurrency change and the Red Hat repositories are still using the default “on demand” policy at the moment. Here is the journalctl output while trying to update the sos RPM on a server.
Not sure I can explain it, but it completed successfully this morning during the normal sync job. I have since changed the download_concurrency back to the default (10) and have successfully done another sync with the policy set to immediate. Once done, I was able to patch some development servers just fine so looks like my issues is fixed.
Thanks to everyone for their input and assistance. I love this product and the community has always been so helpful.