Expected outcome:
successfully register to Foreman/Katello
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
3.6.1 / katello 4.8
Distribution and version:
RHEL 8
Other relevant data:
Getting following error when running registration curl script on hosts after uploading with custom certificate:

Running registration

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-
: manager
Error loading certificate: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ā€˜/etc/pki/consumer/cert.pemā€™
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Hi @ericville

On the client there should be this CA /etc/rhsm/ca/katello-server-ca.pem can you run openssl x509 -in /etc/rhsm/ca/katello-server-ca.pem -noout -text and confirm if that matches the new custom cert and ca you have updated the Foreman instance with?

@ericville Could you tell us more about what you did? Iā€™m experiencing a similar problem.

Today Iā€™ve updated the Apache web server certificate (on the foreman server). After oing that Iā€™ve noticed that some VM registered to Foreman server are unable to register or do a yum repolist

I ran the command and it does not look like the certificates match, however I did enable ā€œInsecureā€ when generating the curl script for registration, so I would think that shouldnā€™t matter.
Iā€™m also getting the following error as well -

Error loading certificate: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ā€˜/etc/pki/consumer/cert.pemā€™

If I remove the certificates and use the self signed, then Iā€™m able to register successfully.

Thanks,

@atarallo
I followed the documentation on deploying a custom certificate to foreman server, and am now unable to register any hosts, where I was able to when using the self signed cert.
Not sure if there is another step Iā€™m missingā€¦

Also when following the steps in the documentation to deploy the custom certificate to hosts, and running the ā€œā€œyum install http://foreman.example.com/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpmā€ā€ command, I get the following error:

@ericville

On the client can you email me the /var/log/rhsm.log file and output of ls /etc/pki/consumer/ to chrobert@redhat.com so I can look at the rhsm client log?

just emailed the log to you, and the ls command showed the /etc/pki/consumer/ directory as empty.

Thanks,

Finally got this working. Was a bad custom certificate.

Thanks,

Hey @ericville

Sorry for the delay, I have been out sick this week. I just got back this morning and was testing it. Glad you got it figured out. I will stop my investigation and again sorry for the delay.

1 Like