Unable to see applicable errata in the webui

Problem:
I am not able to see the application errata’s in the Foreman Webui

Expected outcome:

It should show the errata status

Operating system is Centos but the content view which i have applied is contain : Centos7 and EPEL7 repositories. hence it should show the errata status.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman-release-2.2.0-0.3.develop.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-2.0.1-1.el7.noarch

katello-3.15.3-1.el7.noarch

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
Centos 7

Other relevant data:

{root@client}{/root}

• epel: download.nus.edu.sg
    repo id repo name status
    !Ansys_CentOS_CentOS CentOS7 10,070
    !Ansys_EPEL_EPEL EPEL7 13,426
    epel/x86_64 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64 13,426
    foreman-client/x86_64 Foreman client nightly 16
    repolist: 36,938
    Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager

{root@client}{/root}# katello-package-upload
{root@client}{/root}# katello-enabled-repos-upload

while yum update shows below packages on the client machine

Do suggest how to get these errata (Bug,security,enhacnce) package details in the webui.
I have tried registering and subscribing again but that did not solve the problem.

{root@client}{/root}# rpm -qa | grep -i katello
katello-agent-3.5.4-1.el7.noarch
katello-host-tools-tracer-3.5.4-1.el7.noarch
katello-ca-consumer-foreman.server.com-1.0-1.noarch
katello-host-tools-fact-plugin-3.5.4-1.el7.noarch
katello-host-tools-3.5.4-1.el7.noarch

Hi @ganesh.patil,

What is your pulp-server? There have been some Pulp bugs relating to package applicability. We’ll want to make sure you’re on version 2.21.3.

One thing that has helped some in the past is to run the following inside the console (foreman-rake console):

ForemanTasks.sync_task(::Actions::Katello::Host::GenerateApplicability, Host.all)

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please find the requested details below

pulp-puppet-tools-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
python3-pulpcore-3.0.1-2.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-pulp_2to3_migration_client-0.1.0-1.el7.noarch
python3-pulp-file-0.1.1-1.el7.noarch
pulp-selinux-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-deb-common-1.10.1-1.el7.noarch
pulp-docker-plugins-3.2.6-1.el7.noarch
python3-pulp-2to3-migration-0.1.0-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-oid_validation-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-pulp_ansible_client-0.2.0b1.dev0.1560866833-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-puppet-common-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-pulp_file_client-0.1.0-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-streamer-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
python3-pulp-container-1.0.0-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-docker-common-3.2.6-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-pulpcore_client-3.0.0-3.el7.noarch
python-pulp-common-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
pulp-puppet-plugins-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-smart_proxy_pulp-2.0.0-2.fm2_0.el7.noarch
pulp-deb-plugins-1.10.1-1.el7.noarch
pulp-katello-1.0.3-1.el7.noarch
pulp-rpm-plugins-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
pulp-client-1.0-1.noarch
pulp-server-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch ==== Server package
tfm-rubygem-pulp_rpm_client-3.0.0-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-repoauth-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch
pulpcore-selinux-1.0.0-2.el7.x86_64
tfm-rubygem-pulp_container_client-1.0.0-1.el7.noarch
python-pulp-rpm-common-2.21.3-1.el7.noarch

irb(main):007:0> ForemanTasks.sync_task(::Actions::Katello::Host::GenerateApplicability, Host.all)
Traceback (most recent call last):
8: from lib/tasks/console.rake:5:in block in <top (required)>' 7: from (irb):7 6: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:58:in sync_task’
5: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:27:in trigger_task' 4: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:48:in rails_safe_trigger_task’
3: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:49:in block in rails_safe_trigger_task' 2: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:29:in block in trigger_task’
1: from foreman-tasks (1.1.3) lib/foreman_tasks.rb:23:in `trigger’
RuntimeError (The Dynflow world was not initialized yet. If your plugin uses it, make sure to call Rails.application.dynflow.require! in some initializer)

For foreman-rake i got same error when i have tried earlier by googling. Please do suggest how to rectify it.

Thanks,
Ganesh.

CentOS repositories don’t have errata. There are scripts to import errata for CentOS but if you don’t use those, there won’t be any errata.

EPEL repositories provide errata. If there is an update from EPEL pending it should show in errata.

Your screenshot is cut and incomplete. It’s not even visible, whether the sources are really from your katello server or maybe simply coming from the centos repositories directly. I have only checked a few of those shown, but those are all CentOS updates, i.e. without errata. Are you sure there are really EPEL updates pending? Only those would show errata unless you have imported errata for CentOS.

Check the products - repositories page for each product. It shows the number of total errata in the repositories. For CentOS you see 0. For EPEL you see something else.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.

All the packages which are getting listed those are coming from the Centos repository not the EPEL one.
[/uploads/default/original/2X/2/27772ff8ec2f908c93d7a144afa3ed2c3993aeac.png]

However, I am able to see the erratas available in the EPEL repository, please find the screen-shot below

[/uploads/default/original/2X/d/de5b4248c1046ee328853b21cf5ff96947eef9b3.png]

Will it mean this should show the erratas in the webui and it should update the packages over the Centos 7 machine?

Also, as I have shared the foreman-rake console command output, can you please confirm is there any problem with the Setup which I have configured?
Appreciated your help .

Thanks,
Ganesh Patil,
System Administrator ll
ANSYS Software Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 34/1,
Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park,
M.I.D.C. Hinjewadi,
Pune 411057, INDIA
Ganesh.patil@ansys.com
www.ansys.comhttp://www.ansys.com/

If you don’t import CentOS errata then it won’t show any errata. Again: check the Products - Repository page for your CentOS product. It shows the number of errata imported into the repository. If it’s 0 then there won’t be any errata installable ever.

[quote=“ganesh.patil, post:5, topic:20130”]
However, I am able to see the erratas available in the EPEL repository, please find the screen-shot below
[/quote] I can’t see your screenshot. If there are EPEL updates pending on your server those should show up as availabla errata.

1 Like

Hello,

I got your point, but there are erratas in the EPEL 7 repository but those are not getting reflected, is it right behavior?
Also, what is the cause of error in foreman-rake console, can you please let me know if there is any issue with the setup.
Ganesh

If I wrote before: it depends on whether there are actually packages needing an update from EPEL 7. If all packages installed from EPEL7 are up to date on your server then there are obviously no installable/applicable packages nor errata. I can’t tell you what updates your server is missing…

Thanks for the information.

Any pointer on foreman-rake command output?

The rake command won’t change anything. You have to modify a file to allow the rake command. See here

2 Likes

It helped thanks.

I can’t believe that Dynflow bug is still happening! I’ll have to look into it.

Thanks for the troubleshooting @gvde. @ganesh.patil let us know if you’re having any more applicability issues.

1 Like

Hello,

No I do not have any, I have updated the file as per the earlier suggestion by @gvde.

Thanks,
Ganesh Patil,
System Administrator ll
ANSYS Software Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 34/1,
Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park,
M.I.D.C. Hinjewadi,
Pune 411057, INDIA
Ganesh.patil@ansys.com
www.ansys.comhttp://www.ansys.com/