Unable to see the installable Errata information on foreman client

Problem: I am unable to see the errata information on a centos client server which i registered on my foreman dashboard to update the packages.

Expected outcome: Need to see the available security , bug fix & enhancement errata.

Foreman and Proxy versions: foreman 1.19

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: Katello 3.8

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data: here are the logs from Centos client server , on server it is registered via subscription and status also showing registered but cannot see the products installed.

[root@testcentOS ~]# subscription-manager status
±------------------------------------------+
System Status Details
±------------------------------------------+
Overall Status: Current

System Purpose Status: Unknown

[root@testcentOS ~]# subscription-manager repos --list

This system has no repositories available through subscriptions.
[root@testcentOS ~]#
[root@testcentOS ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i katello
katello-ca-consumer-cvislnfor019.dc.ccep.com-1.0-2.noarch
katello-host-tools-3.3.5-4.el7.noarch
katello-agent-3.3.5-4.el7.noarch
katello-client-repos-3.8.1-1.el7.noarch
katello-host-tools-fact-plugin-3.3.5-4.el7.noarch
[root@testcentOS ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, fastestmirror, langpacks, package_upload, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager

This system is registered with an entitlement server, but is not receiving updates. You can use subscription-manager to assign subscriptions.

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• epel: ftp.nluug.nl
    repo id repo name status
    base/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - Base 10,070
    epel/x86_64 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64 13,302
    extras/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - Extras 397
    katello-client/x86_64 Katello Client 3.8 8
    openlogic/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - openlogic packages for x86_64 22
    updates/7/x86_64 CentOS-7 - Updates 671
    repolist: 24,470
    Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
    [root@testcentOS ~]#

PLEASE HELP ON THIS I AM ATTACHING SCREEN SHOT OF FORMAN GUI

CentOS does not publish Errata, so there is no way of showing installable errata for CentOS servers as such don’t exist. Errata are only available for RHEL servers.

Also, you should note that 1.19/3.8 versions are quite old and unsupported by now, currently the latest versions are 2.0/3.15 with 2.1/3.16 coming soon. I recommend that you start planning your upgrade to a supported version.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply , i got this one !

I am also planning for an upgrade to foreman & katello any particular document or link if u can share it will be helpful for my upgrade

You should follow the Katello plugin’s upgrade instructions from the manual, starting from version 3.9 and going one version at a time. If this is a VM, make a snapshot after each successful upgrade so you don’t have to start over if one step runs into issues.
Be sure to also read the release notes, deprecations and upgrade warnings for all Foreman and Katello versions (also on the official website) before each upgrade, to make sure there aren’t some changes that you need to be aware of.

ok sure thank you , i will start from upgrading the katello version to 3.9 to begin with and then take it forward.

i saw that there are 5 steps provided on document page to upgrade katello.

Will plan the upgrade !