Unable to sync the Mozilla ppa repository

Problem: Sync of Mozilla ppa repository (for Ubuntu) fails

Expected outcome: Sync works

Foreman and Proxy versions: 3.7 + katello 4.9.1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version: RedHat 8

Other relevant data: I already mirror the Ubuntu 22 repository with success. Try to do the same thing with the Mozilla repo but get this error : “No valid Release file found for ‘jammy’.”

Hey there!

I tried to get it working out of curiousity, looks like the following config worked for me:

Upstream URL: https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mozillateam/ppa/ubuntu
Releases/Distribution: jammy
Components: main
Architectures: amd64

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I’ve exactly the same config for the repo, and the result is :
No valid Release file found for ‘jammy’.

@Jean-Francois

We have recently improved that very error message to give better hints of what went wrong, but Katello 4.9, does not have that fix yet. :disappointed:

Are you using “Content Credentials” to verify the signature of the upstream repository you are syncing?
If you are, pulp_deb will discard any Release files, it cannot verify, so a configuration error in the “Content Credential” being used, could lead to the error you have posted.

2 Likes

Note: I will try to backport the error message improvements to the release branch used by Katello 4.9: [PR #733/b23d67d1 backport][2.20] Improve "No valid Release file found" error message by patchback[bot] · Pull Request #885 · pulp/pulp_deb · GitHub

Unfortunately it will require some time before this is actually released, and packaged for the relevant Katello 4.9 repository.

1 Like

You were right !
I removed the GPG key associated to the repo and it works.
Thanks !!