Unique features to be implemented for a senior project

Hi all ,
I am new to this forum and new to foreman in general.
I am a last year computer engineering student, i found implementing Foreman with some extensions or scripts to be a good idea for my senior project .

Can you please shed some light on some unique ideas or projects to be done using foreman ?

I need some unique things only foreman or foreman integrated with other tools can achieve , or projects that can be achieved in a new way using foreman .

My goal is shed light in my project on unique features of this nice tool and not only on the features commonly available with other tools. Or to use it for something new if possible .

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello “tech”.

You mean “deploying Foreman instance”, do you?

That’s tough. Usually people have a problem and they solve it by deploying Foreman. But nobody has ever asked this honestly :slight_smile:

Usually, what Foreman users do is managing datacenter of bare-metal or virtual hosts, provisioning them with OS and running configuration management system to deploy software on them. Pick any kind of software and you have it.

It’s tough to name “unique” feature. Believe it or not, there are many IT people on planet Earth and they do lot of stuff. All we do here was probably invented and implemented already. Some ideas were not, at least according to US Patent Office, however that’s something not interesting to you.

One idea - build a small Raspberry Pi cluster and try to provision it via Foreman. I haven’t heard about that yet. The latest version should have been bootable from network with some degree of work. The goal would be to have a cluster fully deployable from Foreman - any node could be destroyed and reinstalled from scratch with just a mouse click. GLHF

Thank you for your reply .
This was very useful :slight_smile:
I will try to use foreman for a raspberry pi cluster .

Hello again,

Can you point me in the right direction for building clusters with foreman ? Or links to tutorials if possible?

thanks,