Upgrade foreman 1.22.2 katello 3.12.3 to foreman 2.5 with latest katello

**Problem: Currently running on Foreman 1.22.2-1.el7, katello 3.12.3-1.el7
Want to find out that whey i run the below command it just gives me the output as “you man proceed with the upgrade”
I would have thought that it will give me option to upgrade to certain version and then i can upgrade from there again to upgrade to another version till i get to 2.5 Version
Is there a way to upgrade in stages from 1.22.2 to 2.5.

**Expected outcome: want to upgrade to 2.50 with latest Katello version.
But when i try to run foreman-rake katello:upgrade_check
I get the output “You may proceed with the upgrade”

**Foreman and Proxy versions:1.22.2-1 and 1.22.2-1

**Katello version: 3.12.3-1.el7

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

I think you forgot to add the command you actually ran. Anyway, you must perform step by step. The best is to follow upgrade steps which you can find for old versions at here Foreman :: Plugin documentation index, newer versions at here Foreman :: Plugin Manuals

If you tried to use foreman-maintain, to perform the upgrade, I think it may be missing some releases definitions, perhaps @upadhyeammit would know whether it can help with these versions.

Unfortunately foreman-maintain upstream upgrade work is still work in progress https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_maintain/pull/356 . So as of now foreman-maintain can’t be used to do the upgrades of Katello and Foreman. I can’t commit any specific timeline however I will try to finish it soon.