Using global parameters in smart class parameter

Hi,
I'm using Foreman 1.12 with puppet 3.8.7
I've defined a global parameter which is a list of IP's and I would like to
use it as a value in a smart class parameter. Is this possible?
How can I reference to it? I mean if the parameter is "ips_list" I've tried
$::ips_list, but it does not work.
Excuse me if the answer is trivial.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

<%= @host.params['ips_list'] %> should work.

TemplateWriting - Foreman,
other macros on that page should also work in the context of a smart
class parameter or global parameter.

··· On 27/10/16 06:48, francesc bassas wrote: > Hi, > I'm using Foreman 1.12 with puppet 3.8.7 > I've defined a global parameter which is a list of IP's and I would like > to use it as a value in a smart class parameter. Is this possible? > How can I reference to it? I mean if the parameter is "ips_list" I've > tried $::ips_list, but it does not work. > Excuse me if the answer is trivial.

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org

It works!!
Thanks a lot Dominic

El dijous, 27 octubre de 2016 9:08:15 UTC+2, Dominic Cleal va escriure:

··· > > On 27/10/16 06:48, francesc bassas wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm using Foreman 1.12 with puppet 3.8.7 > > I've defined a global parameter which is a list of IP's and I would like > > to use it as a value in a smart class parameter. Is this possible? > > How can I reference to it? I mean if the parameter is "ips_list" I've > > tried $::ips_list, but it does not work. > > Excuse me if the answer is trivial. > > <%= @host.params['ips_list'] %> should work. > > > http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/TemplateWriting#Host--or-Hostgroup-parameters, > > other macros on that page should also work in the context of a smart > class parameter or global parameter. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > dom...@cleal.org >