WEB UI does not display new hosts

Problem: WEB UI does not display new hosts at Hosts → All host.
Infrastructure → Smart Proxies look certificate for all new host and I can approve it’s.
CLI command “hammer host list --order name” show all new hosts.

Expected outcome: i wont to look all my hosts at Hosts → All host

Foreman and Proxy versions: 1.24.3

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version: Astra Linux CE 2.12.43 (Orel)

Astra linux is debian 8 based dist and it’s corporative standart :frowning:
I have one server installation. Puppet with my manifests and foreman. Installed via .deb
I have not found any useful information in the logs with debug level.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
Wild guess:
I assume you “register” your new hosts via puppet? Speak: Run puppet on the host instead of manually adding it to Foreman?
In that case, the cause is usually that the new systems are added without any organization/location, and thus do not show up if one or both of those are set to a specific one. In the UI, select “Any Organization” and “Any Location” in the dropdowns in the menu at the top of the page and check if you can see them. If so, select all the affected hosts via the checkbox, click “Select Action” and then use “Assign Organization” and “Assign Location” options to add your hosts to the appropriate context.
Iirc there is a way to set these on the hosts side when doing the first puppet run by setting some facts, but I cannot remember what facts you need to set. I believe it was something like “foreman_organization” and “foreman_location”, but not sure.

Regards

1 Like

Hi areyus!

Thanks for the help!
It worked and I saw my hosts!

Regards

1 Like