What is the best way to clean /var/lib/pulp/tmp?

Problem: /var/lib/pulp/tmp accumulates a number of files and it’s not clear how or when they should get cleaned up

Expected outcome: there is an automated or on-demand process to clear /var/lib/pulp/tmp

Foreman and Proxy versions: 3.2.1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: Katello 4.4.0

Distribution and version: CentOS 8 Stream

Other relevant data:
I recently shifted to “download immediate” on my CentOS repos, and was a bit surprised at how much extra disk space it took. Still, I was trying to find where I had opportunities to clean up, and found /var/lib/pulp/tmp. I had some files in there that were 6+ months old. I looked in this forum and online and didn’t find much to indicate how or where it could be cleaned. I did a foreman-maintain service stop, removed everything in that directory, and brought it back up, which worked. But should there be an automatic cleanup process for this directory?

You can just shut down Pulp, delete them, and restart. It ought to all be cleaned up automatically but there were some known bugs with this in older versions, so I’d be more curious if there’s evidence of this still happening with newer versions.

OK, thanks! I’ve run at least 4.2, 4.3 and now 4.4 on this server. I’ll keep an eye out for whether I see any more “accumulation” going forward.