What is the latest GA for katello

Hi, what is the official page with the latest release information for the katello?
Foreman :: Plugin documentation index lists version 4.0 as the latest and redirects to https://docs.theforeman.org
I see 4.2 announcement for GA, but changelog file katello/CHANGELOG.md at KATELLO-4.2 · Katello/katello · GitHub indicates it is still ‘Alfalfa’

Thanks,
Vadym

Hey @vchepkov - we announce all the latest releases here.
4.2 is long released, and is the latest version, and 4.3 is imminent!

We need to fix some things, I see! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

@mcorr @vchepkov

A quick update: the gem for 4.3 is released and in the hands of the delivery folks, once they do their magic it will get pushed up to the repos and I will make the announcement.

2 Likes

Just a last clarification on what should be the last confusing part here: “Alfalfa” is the Releasename of 4.2 (like Ubuntu and their animal names or Debian and their Toy Story names). IIRC, Katello releases used to be named after different kinds of beer, but it seems to have shifted to a more general “food” theme and a lot of recent releases look like they either did not get a name or it was at least not mentioned in the Changelog.
From a quick google search: “Alfalfa” is the name of some kind of clover that some people eat :wink:

1 Like

`

Now it’s
more likely whatever food we ate last

— Justin
Sherrill (@JustinLSherrill) November
30, 2021

`

I think Katello 4.3 is “Ghost Pepper”
This might be a sign that we haven’t been able to get to the pub for a while?!

2 Likes

FYI: the 4.3.0 release process that was linked earlier was actually for the RCs, not GA. Here’s the GA one. It’s currently blocked in the upgrade pipelines on a bug.

Any idea of the pipeline bug resolution?

And sort of as a sideways FYI: the tfm-rubygem-qpid_proton dependency issue has arisen again.

Error: Package: tfm-rubygem-qpid_proton-0.35.0-1.el7.x86_64 (@katello)
Requires: qpid-proton-c = 0.35.0
Removing: qpid-proton-c-0.35.0-1.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
qpid-proton-c = 0.35.0-1.el7
Updated By: qpid-proton-c-0.36.0-1.el7.x86_64 (epel)
qpid-proton-c = 0.36.0-1.el7
Available: qpid-proton-c-0.14.0-2.el7.x86_64 (extras)
qpid-proton-c = 0.14.0-2.el7

This was discussed in the last release meeting:

A Foreman 3.1.1 release is planned for early next week:

Indeed, we also noticed that in nightly.

1 Like

Thank you!