What relation between katello,smart proxy and client?

what function every one acts?

Katello is a plugin to Foreman, which is the main, central, application holding the state. It is typically deployed with one (internal) smart proxy, which talks to managed backed services (dhcp, dns, tftp, ipa, puppet, puppet ca, etc). It is common to deploy more proxies, e.g. one per datacenter or managed service. In case of Katello, smart proxy hosts the synced content using Pulp. Therefore you put it close to your clients, so they download content from local repositories. I’m not sure what you mean specifically by client. If that’s the host or machine you manage, it is typically talking to Foreman (with Katello) either directly or through smart proxy, that depends on operation and user preference. Most if not all operations can be proxied through smart proxy, so there’s no need for direct connectivity between client and Foreman.

Thanks you for your replay.

The client in my question is os that get yum resource from katello.

My datacenter can not access Internet, so you mean that I can deploy one smart proxy server betwwen the client and foreman/katello server , the later can access to Internet to sync the yum resource from public repo ?

Thanks.

Yes, Foreman must have Internet access if you plan to sync content from the Internet. Smart proxy must have only connectivity to Foreman. Client must have only connevtivity to Smart proxy.

The smart proxy is installed on foreman server by default ?

How to install smart server seperatly ? Could you give me some docs about it ?

Thanks!

yes

the Foreman installer prints instructions to do this, you can find more here Foreman :: Plugin Manuals (for the case you deploy Foreman with Katello)