When does Foreman provide the facts?

Problem: Hosts don’t get facts fast enough.

Expected outcome: After a successful puppet agent run, the facts should be available in Foreman.

Foreman and Proxy versions: 2.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions: 2.0

Distribution and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Other relevant data:
As you can see here, Puppet agent was successful, but the facts are still missing.

Is there a way to fasten that process?

I think this was a problem in older versions where the facts were only available in the “Any Organization” and “Any Location” context. If you change to this context are the facts available (from the host or facts menu)?

@Dirk It does not make a difference if I change to Any Organization, Default Organization (I don’t have any others). But I have locations. But it makes also does not make a difference when I change it.

We have seen increased memory consumption for fact processing, users reported OOM killing puma processes. We have fixed the problem and a patch is on its way into 3.0. Check if your processes are no getting killed.

https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/33585

@lzap We don’t have OOM logs but upgrading to the latest version of Foreman is probably the only approach we could try.

Then go one step after another chasing where the data ends. Start with enc.rb callback, then go into Foreman logs etc.