Rocky 8.6
Other relevant data:
Please update documentation:
--enable-foreman-proxy-plugin-remote-execution-ssh
should now say
--enable-foreman-proxy-plugin-remote-execution-script

1 Like

Hi @JeremyTourville

Thanks for bringing this up. I have created a PR to fix the issue in foreman-documentation: PR 1301.

2 Likes

Still not done, docs are still outdated.
This is traumatising every user who attempts to get remote execution working.

Why are the docs here:
Foreman :: Plugin Manuals (theforeman.org)

not updated yet?
When you go looking for docs, and follow links, that is where you end up. At outdated doc that tells you to use

--enable-foreman-proxy-plugin-remote-execution-ssh

when in fact you need to use:

Groan.

1 Like

Hi @Blahman

We are still working on migrating the documentation, if applicable, from Foreman Manual to Foreman Documentation. I will have a look at this section as soon as I can.

Even though Foreman Web UI recommends/links to Foreman Manual, I personally would recommending looking at https://docs.theforeman.org/.

Well that’s great, thanks for the tip - it is nice to know where the newer documentation is going, may save me some headaches in future.

But re this specific issue the newer docs at docs.theforeman.org still seem to make no mention of the need to use:

So, yeah the updated docs do not seem to cover anything about getting remote execution working, and that is likely why, when you do some googling to find instructions, you invariably end up looking at outdated instructions which utterly fail.

Please update the new docs to cover this point re the REX plugin, I’m sure other users will appreciate the info.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Seriously guys, have mercy on your users and please get that little bit of documentation out the door!

1 Like

Here is a spot I found in the docs.theforeman.org that mentions using the updated command:
Installing a Smart Proxy Server nightly on CentOS/RHEL