Per Foreman 1.22 schedule and planning, we are just under 4 weeks away from the 1.22 stabilization period. Please take this into account and try to focus on getting open PRs merged rather than starting new work that may not be ready in time.
Learning the lessons from the previous releases, some highlights as we approach stabilization week this time around:
- Installer modules will be released prior to the beginning of the stabilization week rather than right prior to branching the installer, to make sure nothing breaks right when we’re about to branch.
- Changes accepted during stabilization week will be limited to fixing significant issues found during the week.
- Large changes will not be merged right before the stabilization week. Larger changes bring with them bigger risks of things breaking and delaying our ability to release RC1 quickly after branching, so should be merged earlier in the development cycle. Please make an effort to get any larger changes merged within the next week or so, so that we will be able to fix any regressions in time.
- Plugin maintainers are highly encouraged to test their plugins against nightlies prior and during stabilization week and report any compatibility issues found. If you plan to have a release of your plugin to match 1.22, please add the versions at the bottom of Foreman 1.22 schedule and planning so we know to take those into account.
- Feel free to reach out to me in case you have any questions or concerns regarding a certain change or the release process itself.
I appreciate everyone’s cooperation in ensuring we are able to deliver stable and timely releases for all of our users!