With 1.21.0 coming soon, it’s time to talk about timelines and features for 1.22, since we’re nearly at the half-way point already.
1.21 was branched on January 14th, and to keep up our 3-month release cadence that would mean we should branch for 1.22 on April 14th.
As before, we will be doing a stabilization week prior to branching to ensure we have working nightlies when branching. Larger changes should be merged as early as possible in the release cycle, to ensure enough time to fix bugs prior to branching. As we near the branching date, I will ask your cooperation in focusing more on stabilizing and bug fixing and less on new features.
Proposed schedule for 1.22:
|1.22 Dev Start||January 14th|
|1.22 Half Way Point||March 1st|
|1.22 Stabilization||April 7th|
|1.22 Branch||April 14th|
|1.22 RC1||April 17th|
|1.22 RC2||April 31st|
Like with the previous post, I’ll make this one a wiki so we can collaborate on the list of features people want to see in this release. Please update the list below with any major changes you plan for this release so everyone is aware of them.
Suggested features for 1.22:
- GraphQL API (Tracker: #22109)
- Optionally replacing mod_passenger with puma
- Compute resources: (Big provisioning libraries update and test)
- Upgrade to fog 2.x
- Fix GCE provisioning support
- Fix Azure provisioning support
- Rework the way plugins consume and build webpack assets (RFC: Changing how we handle Webpack Building)
- Exposing capabilities in the smart proxy