Installing foreman behind proxy

Hi,

I’m trying to install foreman/katello behind a proxy and the installation hangs. I’m using --katello-proxy-url and --katello-proxy-port to define my proxy. Am I missing something?

Bruno

At which step does it hang? Are you running the installation with --verbose? If not, there are probably some logs in /var/log/foreman-installer/ which should show at which point the installer stopped.

I’ve managed to bypass the proxy and I have completed the installation. As soon as I can test it again behind the proxy I’ll give feedback.

Thanks,
Bruno

I’m having some problems installing behind a proxy as well. I’m trying to install Katello 3.5 / Foreman 1.16 on Centos 7.4. I think the issue occurs during the initialization of the candlepin database.

In /var/log/foreman-installer/katello.log I see the following errors

[DEBUG 2018-03-15 16:35:32 main]  Exec[cpdb](provider=posix): Executing 'cpdb --create                        --schema-only                        --dbhost=localhost                        --dbport=5432                        --database=candlepin                        --user=candlepin                         --password=EXuaoQhdPRAWNdt8rtmEdJwiWQMf4Eab                        >> /var/log/candlepin/cpdb.log                        2>&1 && touch /var/lib/candlepin/cpdb_done'
[DEBUG 2018-03-15 16:35:32 main]  Executing: 'cpdb --create                        --schema-only                        --dbhost=localhost                        --dbport=5432                        --database=candlepin                        --user=candlepin                         --password=EXuaoQhdPRAWNdt8rtmEdJwiWQMf4Eab                        >> /var/log/candlepin/cpdb.log                        2>&1 && touch /var/lib/candlepin/cpdb_done'
[ERROR 2018-03-15 16:37:42 main]  'cpdb --create                        --schema-only                        --dbhost=localhost                        --dbport=5432                        --database=candlepin                        --user=candlepin                         --password=EXuaoQhdPRAWNdt8rtmEdJwiWQMf4Eab                        >> /var/log/candlepin/cpdb.log                        2>&1 && touch /var/lib/candlepin/cpdb_done' returned 1 instead of one of [0]

According to /var/log/candlepin/cpdb.log cpdb tries to download a schema definition from the internet.

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 75; schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'http://www.liquibase.org/xml/ns/dbchangelog/dbchangelog-3.5.xsd', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.

Since direct internet access is unfortunately not an option is there any workaround?

Dev’s are aware of the liquibase issue (see Install Katello 3.5/Foreman 1.16 on RHEL 7.4 Fails with liquibase SAXException for a similar entry and Bug #22709: Update Candlepin to 2.1.14 - Katello - Foreman for the bug report).

It is already fixed in the current nightly build.

It was included in 3.5 (and 3.6) yesterday: