katello-4.0-rpm-pipeline 7 failed

Katello nightly pipeline failed:

https://ci.theforeman.org/job/katello-4.0-rpm-pipeline/7/

foreman-pipeline-katello-4.0-centos8-install (passed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-4.0-centos7-install (passed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-4.0-centos7-upgrade (failed) (remote job)

not ok 2 check service status
# (in test file fb-test-katello.bats, line 33)
#   `foreman-maintain service status' failed
# Running Status Services
/ All services displayed                                              e[31me[1m[FAIL]e[0m
# Some services are not running (rh-mongodb34-mongod, squid, pulp_celerybeat, pulp_resource_manager, pulp_streamer, pulp_workers)
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Scenario [Status Services] failed.
# 
# The following steps ended up in failing state:
# 
#   [service-status]
# 
# Resolve the failed steps and rerun
# the command. In case the failures are false positives,
# use --whitelist="service-status"
# 
# 

This was supposed to be fixed in foreman-maintain. This version is installed:

rubygem-foreman_maintain.noarch        1:0.7.9-1.el7            @foreman-koji

That should include:

So it look like it wasn’t fixed.

cc @upadhyeammit

The code in foreman maintain is present, but if you look at the output, you will see:

#  rh-mongodb34-mongod.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
#    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rh-mongodb34-mongod.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
#    Active: inactive (dead) since Mon 2021-03-29 14:45:11 UTC; 38min ago

And the “enabled” after the loaded entry indicates to me that it actually is not properly disabled.

1 Like

@jjeffers we don’t call any steps to upgrade other than running the installer. Is that something we should do (like content prepare + migrate)?

@ekohl my understanding is that’s only needed if you have content to migrate. But let me confirm.

This is being worked on:
https://github.com/theforeman/forklift/pull/1326

1 Like

James also opened a pr to foreman-maintain: Checks for katello version prior to 4.0 for pulp-server. by jjeffers · Pull Request #464 · theforeman/foreman_maintain · GitHub to solve it more generally for the user

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.