Language addition on transifex

Hello,
After a bit of research I found foreman is being translated at transifex (Foreman localization).
I wanted to translate it to Georgian. Requested language addition, but never got reply.
Could you please point to right URL for translation and/or point to right person who might add language on transifex?

Thanks in advance.
BR, Temuri

Gamarjoba (this is all I remember from my holidays!)

Can I just clarify: you want to contribute Georgian language translations to the project?

1 Like

Gagimarjos!

Yes, please.

1 Like

Madloba :wink: I will try to get you the information!

Hello,

Apologies that I missed to add it on Transifex when you requested.

I have added Georgian to the Foreman project on Transifex however its not added in Foreman git repository.
We consider including languages with higher rate of translations in project, so if you want that to be included in Foreman and related components then translations should be at least 40% complete.
You can refer RFC for more information on it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks both for help.
I got no idea when I’ll get it to 40%, but when I will, will it be merged automatically or should I bother you again?

Temuri

Unfortunatelly it is still a manual action, but this community is full of great responsive people, so it will get done if you ping us for sure! :slight_smile:

Hello,
There already is 40.0x% of translation done.
Did it mostly with translation memory and “easy strings” for now, just to have nightly builds with newer translations available. I hope at least this process is automated :). (It’s quite hard to guess context sometimes, so I need to see it “live”.)
Thanks in advance

Temuri

1 Like

Hi,
Now it’s definitely at >40% :slight_smile:
I’ll wait until merge of language before continuing, beause of reasons mentioned in upper post.

Temuri

Hello,

Here is the pull request to add new languages with translation pull:

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9275

Hello,

Thanks much. Only question left is if translations are being pulled with every nightly rebuild or it has to be done manually? In case of latter, how often it happens?

Temuri

Hi, it’s done manually by the maintainers when releasing new version of Foreman or the plugin

Hi,
Is it possible to do it myself by recompiling rpm and/or editing spec and running something in?
(Hope it’s not taking 128GB RAM to recompile, like some of oVirt packages do)

Hi!
Even after 6 months, there is no update from transifex.
Can someone pull updates, please? Would appreciate it much.

Temuri

I started to pull translations:
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9496

But then I got distracted by bad translation strings:
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/9498

In the future I hope to automate this so it happens on a more regular basis.

If there are errors in Georgian translation, please let me know.
I’ll be only glad to help.

This was really in the source strings. They were written in a way that they’re either untranslatable or easy to mess up. We have guidelines for developers (Translating - Foreman) but they weren’t followed by everyone.

Oh, now I see.
Could you please tell me approximate time translations will make it to at least nightly builds?

There is no automated process, though that’s been on our wishlist for a while. I just gained permissions on the project, so I can hopefully find some way.

The latest pull should show up in nightlies today. Then at each RC I’ll also do a pull. See Foreman 3.5 Schedule and Planning for when that that is.

Thanks much.
I’ve just updated to 3.5.0-0.17.develop.20221107111204git0d4279f and half of WUI is still English :slight_smile:
Lets wait for tonight.

BR, Temuri