Ubantu Installation is not working

You do understand that each version of ubuntu has a different release name? You cannot randomly call Ubuntu 22.04.2 “focal”. The version you use and the release name must match. Anything else is meant to fail.
yes i agreee
And it really doesn’t help if you keep changing it during the thread. How are we supposed to keep track what you are currently using?
whatever you sggested i can use the software as i have downloaded because i thought that it may be the issue related media software.

And as you are even using katello: why don’t you configure a product in katello and mirror ubuntu into katello? It would automatically set up the operating system etc.

i am using katello , how do we configure katello and mirror?

it looks like different one release name

Well, generally, the best approach would be to read the docs and follow the docs.

https://docs.theforeman.org/

You wouldn’t be here where you are, having the troubles you have, if you had followed the docs…

1 Like

i have updated release name even i have same error.

I agree with you that we should upgrade, but we will examine this with our internal team before making a decision. In the interim, please you can advise me to install Ubuntu software.

I agree with you that we should upgrade, but we will examine this with our internal team before making a decision. In the interim, please you can advise me to install Ubuntu software.

This is IMHO still required to provision Ubuntu 20.04 “focal”. For Ubuntu 22.04, things are slightly different due to Ubuntu Autoinstall. See Provisioning Hosts & Provisioning Hosts

thank you for your valuable suggestion, i will follow and let you know status.

I followed your suggestions and got the available version.

release name

updated operating system and testing os

Once testing completed i will update

i can see same error.
i have updated major version is 20.04
minor version is 6

This is still open.

While creating the operating system, I updated the major and minor versions, the Debian family, and the operating system itself.

if anyone help on it to install ubuntu installation it would be great help for me .
Kindly see above detail information and update

Did you assign the PXE templates to your OS?
Ddid you assign your OS to your provisioning templates?

Can you tell suggest me how to assign the PXE template to OS ?

Go to hosts > provisioning templates; select your template; the add your OS on the association tab, to your template.

Example:

as you suggested updated

getting below screen and it is rebooting itself it which is not booting with software

as you suggested we have cloned the provistion template and assiciated ubuntuOS

operating system also updated with PXE loader

Noone suggested to clone anything. On the contrary, I have strongly advised you not to clone the templates. It’s absolutely not necessary and it just makes things overly complicated and very hard to track.

You are supposed to add the associations of the required templates to the operating system…

1 Like