Upgrade 1.24.2 > 2.0.1 unable to install and migrate to rh-postgresql 12 on CentOS 7.8

Problem:
Command: foreman-installer --scenario katello --upgrade
Desired version Foreman 2.0.1 / Katello 3.15

Error:
/Stage[main]/Postgresql::Client/Package[postgresql-client]/ensure: change from ‘purged’ to ‘present’ failed: Execution of ‘/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install rh-postgresql12-postgresql-syspaths’ returned 1: Error: rh-postgresql12-postgresql-syspaths conflicts with postgresql-9.2.24-4.el7_8.x86_64

Expected outcome:
Migration of CentOS postgresql-9.2 to rh-postgresql12-postgresql to complete without failures

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 1.24.2

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello 3.14

Distribution and version:
CentOS 7.8

Other relevant data:
I have SCL and EPEL repos available, so packages are there.
RH-postgresql-12-syspaths package conflicts with currently installed postgresql-9.2
I cannot delete the current version, the installer needs that.

How can I fix that? <- best option
Should I migrate to DB to pg 12 before running the installer? (seems a good work-around to me.)
And how do I do that? <- second best option
pgupgrade has a zillion options, so maybe someone can give me the correct command. (db is currently in /var/lib/pgsql, and I would like the upgraded db to be in that same location as it’s a seperate filesystem)
Do I need postgresql-12-syspaths for that to work (Murphy says “Yes!”)? So can I uninstall PG9.2 and still do a pgupgrade?

Lot’s of questions, thanks for any help!

Eize Speerstra

Hey,

the installer should do everything needed to get you from 9.2 to 12, including removing 9.2 bits that conflict with 12.

Can you provide a sosreport from the affected system?

cc @ehelms who mainly worked on that feature/upgrade

Hi evgeni,

I rolled back a snapshot to continue using the application.
I will need to recreate the situation as it was and then create a sosreport.

Or do you think you can get any info from a current sosreport?

A current one would also be helpful, yeah.

The “failed” one would contain more details, so if you could spin up a clone of the VM and re-try the upgrade, that’d be awesome.

Hi @evgeni, I dm’d you the details of the download.