Katello 3.18.0 has been released!

3.18 continues to move forward in improving the Simple Content Access experience as well as putting yet more pieces into place to make the complete transition to Pulp 3 in Katello 4.0 a smooth one. There are plenty of other great changes, too. Check out the Changelog to see them all.

Get started with these links:

Thank you all for your patience in waiting for this release, and also to those who have helped deliver it and test it during the RC phase. I think it’s going to be a great one!

Need help?
If you’ve found any issues in this release please head over to the support area and open a discussion so we can take a look.

1 Like

It’s come to my attention that there’s a showstopping issue in Katello 3.18.0 for those using Pulp3 [1]. If you’ve installed Katello freshly from 3.15.0 or above, you’re using pulp3. The issue is explained in detail here on the forum[2]. If you are using pulp3 then you should not yet upgrade to Katello 3.18.0 because your content hosts will no longer see the content which they are subscribed to. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming Foreman 2.3.2 (because it’s a change to the installer, not Katello itself) release. I’ll ensure this thread is updated when upgrading is safe for pulp3 users.

[1] Bug #31548: Incorrect legacy dir in Pulpcore migration - Installer - Foreman
[2] Updating Foreman 2.2.1 to 2.3.1 and Katello 3.17.1 to 3.18 issue

2 Likes