Officially support only the recent versions of Firefox and Google Chrome / Chromium browsers

continue the discussion from Drop browser support, deprecate PhantomJS

though since then a few things have changed:

More data about browsers usage statistics are available in 85+ Web Browser Market Share & Usage Statistics (Aug 2021)
and Outdated Browser - Update your Browser

This is currently Foreman’s browser support: Foreman :: Manual

Our suggestion is to support only the recent versions of Firefox and Google Chrome / Chromium browsers.

As of today, I will be very surprised if Foreman still works on very old browsers,
This move is only to make it official, are there any concerns you can think about?

Thanks!

4 Likes

This is IMHO overdue since version after my initial PR, but better late then never :slight_smile:

Just one NIT: Why not mentioning Edge? It’s chromium based, but not all users need to know that and will worry that Edge won’t work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a list of chromium browsers
Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia and Microsoft Edge is indeed one of them,
Thanks for the clarification :+1:

Thanks @Ron_Lavi for opening this. It may be good to also mention this in in Community - TheForeman section for better visibility, however I don’t expect anyone to object :slight_smile: Definitely a :+1: from me.

2 Likes

Thanks, opened Officially support only the recent versions of Firefox, Edge, Chrome / Chromium browsers on the community category as I couldn’t edit this post’s category.

1 Like