Yesterday we discussed many different topics after the Birthday Event. One that came up was user barriers and one I identified was the Github landing page(s).
Github has a feature for a while called Organization profile READMEs
An example can be found at Pulp · GitHub
I would put this on my agenda if noone is already working on this. And I already have the go to utilize our marketing team including graphic design, so it may take longer but give me a better result.
So now my question what to add? My idea for Foreman would be:
- description of the project
- a new version of the picture of the architecture (to get rid of https://theforeman.org/static/images/foreman_architecture.png)
- link to https://projects.theforeman.org/ and a list of projects using it instead of github
- links to community and documentation
- link to the plugin overview and an explanation that not all plugins are hosted at this organization
- links to professional services, trainings and downstream products
For Katello I would do similar, but of course we need another picture and some links will differ.